Gadgets and Mobile Devices
We install and arrange hardware and software solutions to talk to one another...
OpenHand provides fast, secure, real-time access to your business information including email, calendar, contacts, tasks and shared files - from almost any mobile device from anywhere in the world.
To see if your mobile device is supported,
Key benefits to going the OpenHand route:
- No lock-in to proprietary devices or network operators i.e. completely independent of phone operators. Compatible with over 250 handsets, the choice is vast if you do have to buy new devices.
- Manage contacts lists locally on your device or unlimited access to your online contact lists
- Reply, Reply to All, Forward, Create new, or Open existing email
- Mailing lists can be created for grouped recipients
- Meeting invitations can be sent out
- For extra security your emails can be displayed live from your server meaning that they do not have to be synchronised or downloaded to your mobile device
- Can use POP3, IMAP, Exchange, Lotus Domino, SAP
- Shared calendars allow appointments to be confidently booked by multiple parties with no double bookings or risk of synchronisation issues
- You are no longer limited to the memory of your handset or device. You have unlimited access to every one of your emails in your server's inbox, folders, public folders and sent items
- Attachments can be downloaded in their original format and edited. Your amended documents can then be easily sent using OpenHand
- Set up permissions to groups of users for access rights to your specified areas
- When you are out and about the OpenHand "server side" transmission of attachments, documents and files allows you to immediately respond to your customer's requests for information, as well as minimising your data costs. E.g. Send that PDF marketing presentation.
- Can integrate into existing frameworks. OpenHand puts you in charge: compatible with a variety of PDAs and laptops. OpenHand is available for PC's, laptops and mobile devices, you can choose to may use any or many
- There is no need to forfeit on existing investments. Openhand can coexist with existing blackberry installations (even server installations) while taking advantage of reduced costs and an array of useful features
- Very Low Operating Costs. Engineered to run over the slowest readily available mobile networks (such as GSM), OpenHand consistently outperforms others in terms of speed to access the information important to you. OpenHand combines advanced data compression and latency reduction technology to deliver data very quickly
- Worldwide connectivity, Beijing to Beirut, Cayman Islands to Capri - wherever you are - OpenHand is available
- Buy the number of licences you need: We do not dictate that you must buy 10 or 25 licences on your first order - our minimum order is one user can use multiple devices.
- Server software fee: Competitors charge £2500 for 25 users, we do not impose punitive charges for your server software. That's right - run the server software for FREE.
- No minimum contract: We have the confidence in our technology and the respect for its customers not to have to tie them into a minimum contract
- Put through its paces and in use with an NHS trust. This product is verified secure for doctors usage.
- Does not utilize third party servers - two major recent banking signups have come about due to this fact, a situation which is starting to be recognised as a major security risk.
OpenHand is available in two factors: OpenHand Enterprise and OpenHand SoHosted. OpenHand Enterprise is the ideal solution for those who host their own email server, while OpenHand SoHosted is the perfect solution for those who do not.
”OpenHand technology has been accepted for use within the NHS Network.”, NHS National Security Team
“When monthly bills were analysed even the most prolific users only spent on average £3.50 per month on data transfer”, Bruce Wright, Sussex Health Informatics Services.
"...The bank cannot risk
customers data loss resulting from theft or hacking – the issue that stopped
the bank buying BlackBerry PDAs.”, André Gorvel, Head of Information Security, Kleinwort Benson.
Onsite demonstrations are available by request via our contact page, or click on .
Experiencing strong interest in the legal sector due to the shared calandar facility catching the imagination. A quote from one barrister was that if it helped him bill one extra hour then openhand had paid for itself for two years (and the rest)!!
Four recent installations came about as a direct result of installation problems for competitors, one for Seven, one for Blackberry and two for Microsoft. In two of these cases, we were only invited to quote after the intended install had failed.
Another level of ease in payment systems...
We think the paypal system deserves credit. There are some nice features in the new "Text to Buy" service. That's right, you can now pay for items using your mobile phone wherever you see the PP Text2Buy logo.
mCommerce has arrived.
Click here for demos how to accept/make credit card payments instantly via mobile.
A nice feature in the profile/settings of the PayPal system is...
Receive Money Preference:
When a payment is sent to my phone number, please notify me by:
- Text message and email
- Phone call and email
- Email only
Great work, thanks to PayPal for this simple, innovative, mobile phone payment service.