Many users reach the point where they want to use more than one computer in a house or small business.
- This presents
new challenges for the best use of your computers...
- More than one person needs to use the Internet at the same time, however, only one computer is connected to the Internet service.
- The security of your system needs to be strong to combat potential risk to your computers.
- You would like to print a document but the printer is attached to another PC.
- You would like to share files with other computers.
- You may want to use a laptop in a home network and access the above features.
- Some Internet service providers would like nothing better than you register additional computers with them, incurring extra monthly costs. This is unnecessary given the technology that exists.
- Aims for your network... >>>
- Our first target is to set up the best security possible for the equipment budget - we have noted that many wireless installations fall well below our acceptance levels for protection (see Internet Security...).
- Our next aim is to connect as many computers as you like to the Internet without incurring extra monthly costs. We do this by adding and setting up a piece of hardware called a router. Another method would be to connect two computers directly, however, this method lacks many advantages of the router.
- Our next aim is to use a printer or other computers from any computer we choose. We do this by setting up relevant software to allow these facilities (that is, we create your internal network)
- Our final aim is to enable a device like a laptop to connect to the network without wires. We ensure that the security between the network and your portable device is correctly set up for peak protection. Note: We also check existing installations for the correct use of security measures.
- Getting the best performance from your cable or broadband connection
The following diagram illustrates how your present setup will alter
iTspecialists can supply, install, or set up business or home computer networks to your requirements, including wireless networks, cabling networks, and security.
We network computers or devices (e.g. Laptops, PCs, Apple Macintosh, Games Consoles, Media Centres, Fridges, Printers).
Other IT routes:
- Networked iCCTV can be added to protect your home or business.
- Game consoles can be used for great gaming experiences. or or
Click here to request an IT specialist contact you about a network installation.